Posted: 18 Jun 2012 11:55 PM PDT
"No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother's love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star." -Edwin Hubbell Chapin
Photo: Gerald YuvallosA mother is by character. A man or a woman or an elder person can play this role. However, for a woman who has such a deep connection with her child, being a mother automatically falls to her smile as an extension of herself.
A MOTHER IS A MULTIDIMENSIONAL BEING. How much older a child becomes, but for a mother — the child is a child!
Her role is not limited. She takes avatar in various personalities: to care, to preach and to protect — and for couple of other things.
1. Caring: She takes care of physical, mental and emotional needs of her child. Though it's a huge responsibility but for her it's not a responsibility — it's some kind of devotion that doesn't have much connotations but only backed up by the deep love and the feeling of contentment.
2. Understanding: She understands what is going on in her child's mind and heart. She tries to understand everything: sometimes by asking and most of the time just by observing.
3. Connection: She knows what her child does and at which place. She never let the child go away from her even for a second — even in her dream she is constantly connected with her child.
4. Freedom: Though she is ever connected but gives freedom to let the child develop and grow itself. In the child's freedom she helps it: TO FLOW LIKE A WATER & TO BLOW LIKE A WIND.
5. Inspiration & Motivation: She helps the child to get connected with its inner-strength. She knows her child has the huge potential and she finds the ways to get it working.
6. Growth: She knows her limitations, so she keeps on updating herself to find the ways how she can contribute in her child's growth in the most advanced ways. She loves her child but doesn't want it — to be just the toy of her lap. She is ever concerned with PSYCHOLOGICAL, PHYSICAL AND EDUCATIONAL growth, and for this she makes consistent efforts.
7. Values in life: Life builds on values, they are the roots of life. The richer and profound the roots are — the great life will become. A mother knows this fact, that's why she keeps on installing good values in her child's personality. This is the great gift of a mother to her child.
8. Helping the dream: A good mother doesn't want her child to fulfill her dream but she wants her child to make its own dreams and get them. She gives her child the full freedom and be with it like an invisible angel.
9. Smile and celebration: This is the grace what she gets after putting so much day-and-night efforts behind her child. This is the gift to her, she doesn't need anything other than this — and a child feels so happy seeing her mother in this condition.
10. Truth of life: She first finds herself and then acts like–to her child–as a spiritual guru, she preaches whatever she can — and if feels incompetent at certain level, she asks her child to find someone who could help in exploring the truths of life.
WISHING YOU AN AUSPICIOUS NAVRATRI