Sunday 20 October 2013

Vipassana: Ch.2: A Free Holiday or A Spiritual Adventure?

“I am for conversion, but not from one organised religion to another, but from misery to happiness, from bondage to liberation.” - Late Sh. SN Goenka

I recently returned from what I felt was a rollercoaster that lasted for 10 days. It was an emotional rollercoaster because there were times I felt joy and times that I felt fear – but in the end I came out exhilarated and refreshed.

And just like after the first ride in an Amusement Park – I want to go AGAIN! AGAIN! (This time there shall be no fear – as I have come out the other side!)

Having been termed by the Dalai Lama, no less as “Analytic Meditation”  - Be well aware this course is for seekers of a left brained disposition - the rational, logical, and intellectual.

Left vs Right - The Two Hemispheres of the Brain
Vipassana is for the Hard-Headed Realist NOT Soft-Hearted Humanists.

Let me explain with these 2 videos –



While both children are highly advanced in their conception - the baby on the left is better suited than the one on the right – for Vipasanna training.


I would describe Vipassana to the uninitiated simply as a High Intensity Commando Training for the Spiritual Seeker!

If nothing else ... Consider it an all expenses paid 10-day holiday and go!

Personal Highlights –
Body – 3 Days to adjust to schedule
Mind – 6 Days to explode and release all the negativity
Days 7-10 – Sheer Bliss – Walking on Air

No comments:

Post a Comment